Tuesday

Wake on the Lake

My incredible cousin, Tommy Steele, is training for a 24.3 miles swim across Lake Erie! Called "Steele's Wake on the Lake" this intense swim is making my 4.4 miles in the Bay seem pretty doable. Also, clearly a lot of good swimming genes in the Austin clan!

5 Days Until the Bay

DCRP teammate Michael and I went to the Bay Ridge neighborhood in Annapolis on Saturday afternoon after practice and got in 1.25 miles along the shore. Couple take-a-ways:

  1. It's salty, but not too bad and didn't bother me.
  2. My wet suit felt great.
  3. It really does feel like you're swimming in a washing machine.
  4. The Bay was warmer than the pool I swam in on Saturday morning. I would really love to wear a wet suit on Sunday, and am hoping yesterday's rain cooled it down just enough to keep it below 78 degrees.  
  5. I'm a lot less nervous now that I've actually done a little swimming in the Bay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment