Wednesday

JMLS 2015

The start of the 2-mile race

With DCRP teammates Bob and Allison
It was a beautiful day for the JMLS. The water was a bit chilly at 69 degrees, so I happily tried out my wet suit. The Bag Balm worked really well, I just needed more around the zipper at the top of the neck. My time was three minutes faster than last year and I would like to chalk that up to being in better shape, and not just the wet suit. I was chatting with the swimmer next to me right before the race started, talking about wet suits, and I admitted I'd never used one before. He told me I would love it. And I did! Results from the swim are here.

My tip for a first-timer friend was to wear an older suit that you won't mind getting lake gunk on and having it generally not smell that great after the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment